Marshall Shoemaker MBA, PMP
Program Manager – Application Development, Infrastructure & Security email@example.com | 678.558.3259 | Atlanta, Georgia
Highlights of Qualifications
- Twelve years in project team leadership of software development and hardware commercialization through use of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC): definition of project scope and requirements; analysis and design; system build and test; implementation and training. Profitably managed the development of computer games, consumer products and financial trading/investment systems. Assisted director of PMO for defense contractor. Provided business analysis expertise to the marketing and sales teams: authoring proposals, developing presentations and contracts for both development and co-marketing agreements.
- Seven years in sales of technology & financial services: consistently exceeded quota selling an enterprise encryption application, a business intelligence reporting tool, and money management services.
- Six years in technical support of applications and devices, providing hardware break/fix of file servers and software support of enterprise, sales force automation and project management applications.
Flocking Behavior LLC Atlanta,Georgia 2004 – Present
Founder and President
Technology consulting firm offering project management, sales and technical services to a wide range of clients: from Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) startups to IBM.
- Provided contract program management and software development support to Georgia Tech Research Institute’s (GTRI) Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS). Working for the Director of the PMO, I assisted systems engineers manage their cost budgets ($20,000,000+) versus the required tasks and schedule. Duties included regular review of financial status of the projects balance sheet through Deltek Costpoint; schedule and cost modeling in Microsoft Project Server and Oracle Primavera 6; and production of regular project status reports to the stakeholders. The work product is electronic warfare software used in United States Air Force F-16 and C-130 aircraft.
- Researched, built, tested, and executed Flocking Behavior’s software driven decision models, (mechanical, algorithmic), to trade futures contracts. Initiated commitment by primary investor stakeholder; planned project and business model with vendor consultants; executed system build with floor trader and financial engineering personnel resources; monitored and controlled people, cash and technology to constraints of budget and schedule. Wrote code using EasyLanguage development environment provided on TradeStation platform. Coached and mentored students from Georgia Tech’s Quantitative and Computational Finance Masters Program to write code, data mine and perform statistical analysis.
- Designed first product for this startup to commercialize the Emotion Performance Watch, patent formerly pending. Through monitoring of Heart Rate Variability it would draw statistically valid inferences of emotional and physical well-being and communicate to the wearer actionable information for enhanced decision-making. Built marketing and engineering design team and competed in the Business Plan contest of the Georgia Tech College of Management.
- Sold Global Crypto’s BunkerMail, a SaaS application for encrypted email, instant messaging and ad hoc file transfer. Product was launched August 2009. Opened majority of major accounts for this early stage, angel funded software company. Functioned as business analyst in design of implementations. Focused on HIPAA governed medical and PCI – DSS governed financial firms.
- Sold Izenda Reports & Dashboards, a self-service Business Intelligence reporting tool for ASP.NET/SQL web apps. Hunted down and engaged target CTOs to meet with our Software Architect, Support and OEM Account Managers to nurture prospect through pipeline to close. Achieved 113% of quota.
- Provided break/fix services to customers and field techs on IBM xSeries (Intel based) servers. Managed resolution of hardware problems by phone engagement for a) Problem Determination and b) Action Plan creation, resulting in either: 1) phone solve, 2) parts dispatch, or 3) field technician dispatch, with parts. Held 100% accountable by management for accuracy of original Action Plan and parts dispatch. The role of the field technician was to implement, not diagnose. Consistently achieved 95% customer satisfaction rating on surveys.
- Supported field data systems for the Novartis desk of Dendrite: Siebel CRM and Lotus Notes applications; Wireless VPN with PKI certificates; database synchronization.
Marshall Shoemaker Investment Counsel Berkeley,California&Charleston,SC 1999 – 2004
Founder and President
- Opened this boutique California Registered Investment Advisory Firm offering money management services to high net worth individuals using institutional index fund strategies. Grew Assets Under Management to $2,000,000 within first month of operation. Researched, designed, programmed and implemented, real-time financial market data modeling, mechanical trading systems for the E-Mini S&P 500 and NASDAQ 100 index futures contracts.
PaineWebber Walnut Creek, California 1998 – 1999
- Stockbroker (Series 7, 63 & 65 Licensed). Rookie Broker of the Year for highest level of asset gathering.
Berkeley Systems Berkeley, California 1996 – 1998
- Matrix managed activities across all participating functional areas of production of You Don’t Know Jack Sport Active, a port of the blockbuster computer game to OS/2 for location based entertainment settings.
- Aggressively negotiated complex software licensing agreement with an international development partner, brought project in one month early, 60% under budget, with a project ROI of 1,000%.
- Produced You Don’t Know Jack Censored, a “Kids” version of the original “Teen” title, edited and rebuilt for OEM sale into the home. Tightly coordinated internal marketing and production creatives (writers, C++ programmers, animators, sound technicians), external distributors and the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, resulting in acceptance by IBM and Gateway 2000 for CPU bundle distribution of over 300,000 units, with incremental revenue of $500,000.
- Managed custom screen saver development and overseas localization teams. Produced the localization into Europe and Japanof After Dark 4.0.
Sanctuary Woods Multimedia San Mateo, California 1994 – 1996
- Managed localization for Buried in Time and Lion, i.e. the translation of American built computer game into six Major European and Asian languages. Managed multiple remotely located teams, domestic and offshore: marketing in San Mateo, programming in Portland and San Diego, republishing in London and Tokyo. Delivered all translations on time and for a total cost of $100,000. Recruited, trained and supervised 4-person beta/play-test team for Buried in Time. Managed contracting and installation of T-1 lease line for first-time-to-company World Wide Web home page, FTP file service and email to the desktop.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Master of Science, (MS) Quantitative and Computational Finance 2014
Project Management Institute, PMP certification #1394186 earned 2011
University of California, Davis Master of Business Administration (MBA) Concentration in International Marketing and Finance. Global Management Semester at Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Princeton University Princeton, New Jersey Bachelor of Arts (BA) Major in Latin American History. South American Urban Semester – Bogotá, Colombia
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Project-Professional & Server, Oracle Primavera 6, Deltek Costpoint, TradeStation EasyLanguage, Salesforce.com, Office and Windows applications/OS; and in maintenance of all hardware systems built around x86 architectures: chipsets, motherboards, storage devices, power supplies, networking cards and diagnostic toolkits.