Marshall Shoemaker MBA, PMP, CSM
Program Manager – Application Development, Infrastructure & Security
Atlanta, Georgia | email@example.com | 678.558.3259
- Program Manager with 20 years’ experience leading – through strong collaboration and communication skills – software application development & implementation (SDLC & Agile) in: aerospace, rail (DevOps), auto, entertainment, ERP, infrastructure, financial trading, security (DevSecOps) and large, complex enterprise implementations of the ServiceNow ITSM/ITOM platform and of Jira Service Management.
- Expert in planning, executing, and launching feature-rich software products of high quality, on schedule and on budget. Expert in managing both internal project managers and scrum masters, and external consulting teams on high impact/high visibility/big budget initiatives.
- Knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities.
- Able to move seamlessly between discussions with senior-level executives and front-line engineers.
- Principal owner of Flocking Behavior LLC August 2004 – Present
Technology consulting firm offering program and project management services to industry, government and higher education. Engagements:
- Conga – Program Manager – Infrastructure & Security Dec. 2021 – Oct. 2022
- Led enterprise ITSM project for migration off Freshworks solutions onto Jira Service Management platform, including complex systems integration between Workday, Workato and JSM.
- Managed ongoing Penetration Testing by Trust Foundry (white hat hackers) of Conga enterprise IT and customer facing applications.
- Led transformation of Development, Operations and Security team collaboration culture from:
- A) traditional DevOps format, with Security reviews every 6-12 months to
- B) monthly iterations of a truly integrated DevSecOps process (Build, Test: Functional and Vulnerability, Remediate, Launch) which delivers faster, better code to our customers.
- Managed consolidation of multiple Jira & Confluence instances into one.
- Managed post-merger integration of subsidiary Contract Wrangler’s – Google Drive, Google Email/Calendar, and Slack instances – into Conga’s O365 Environment by external vendor Netwoven.
- Collins Aerospace – Program Manager – ServiceNow June 2021 – August 2021
Led project turnaround of Phase One, and evaluation of new consulting firm vendors for execution of Phase Two, of ServiceNow ITSM implementation at Rockwell Collins Information Management Services.
- Dalliance – Product Owner October 2020 – June 2021
Co-founded/leading privacy software startup to commercialize SaaS product which will prevent the surreptitious recording of video conferencing sessions. Tool Using: Figma.
- Norfolk Southern Railway – Project Manager (App Dev & ServiceNow) – Nov. 2019 – Sep. 2020
- Pro Se Litigation – Project Manager January 2019 – October 2019
Represented family members in discovery process to resolve conflict in significant estate litigation. Drafted petition to set aside will based on assertion of unsound mind and undue influence. Filed Interrogatives and Requests for Production of Documents. Defeated Motion to Dismiss.
- ConfigureTek – ServiceNow Consultant October 2018 – December 2018
Led developers in Service Mapping of Turner/CNN’s on-prem. applications. Our inventory of all physical and logical assets correlated the discovered Configuration Items CIs with their underlying business services, and populated the Configuration Management Database CMDB. Tool Used: ServiceNow
- ElasticChain – Product Owner March 2018 – October 2018
Co-founded startup to challenge traditional Supply Chain business networks (SAP Ariba). We designed, a Blockchain, eProcurement, decentralized business network using Ethereum DApp Smart Contracts.
- Georgia Department of Transportation – Program Manager Jul. 2017 – Feb. 2018
Led development on: 1) systems integration and deployment of G. RAILS: a desktop, GIS/asset inventory app to manage Georgia railroad crossings; and 2) DevOps (and Change Release) on MyQueue, a workflow approval web app tied into the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Tool Used: Oracle Primavera P6.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Project Manager October 2016 – March 2017
Led logical separation, spin-off and merger of HPE’s ERP software assets – SAP Lighthouse, Trintech’s AssureNET/ReconNET – with English buyer Micro Focus. Partnered with HPE Divestiture Management Office DMO and Deloitte’s carve-out consultants to manage enterprise-wide IT infrastructure divestiture, followed up by system integration of servers, storage, databases and cloud-based applications. Tools Used: MS Project Server, HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) & HP SDLC Manager – Pro.
- Capgemini – ServiceNow Project Manager December 2015 – September 2016
Led implementation of ServiceNow ITSM applications for client Time Warner. From Turner’s CNN Center, I managed resources in Burbank, Atlanta, Cracow and Hyderabad. Led 1) Implementation of Discovery module (CMDB) in Timer Warner EIS, and subsidiaries Warner Brothers, HBO and Turner (CNN); 2) Completion, Hypercare and User Acceptance Testing of Event Management module (ITIL); 3) Portal transition from Remedy to ServiceNow for Turner; and 4) ServiceNow upgrade from Fuji to Helsinki. Tools Used: ServiceNow, MS Project Prof., Smartsheet, Visio.
- City of Atlanta & Aptean Software – Project Manager January 2015 – August 2015
Two short term contracts: 1) Introduced Mayor’s Office to PMBOK Compliant Project Management. 2) Managed the development and delivery off a hosted ecommerce platform.
- Gulfstream Aerospace – Project Management Instructor Mar. 2014 – Dec. 2014 Designed, wrote, and delivered to mechanical/aerospace engineers, 15 hours of courseware on Microsoft Project Professional/Server/Web App and SharePoint Foundation, for Portfolio Project Management PPM. Front-of-the-room teacher of scenario-based exercises focused on G650 Initial Phase Assembly process. Students mastered WBS, Dependencies, Resource Allocation & Critical Path.
- Georgia Tech Research Institute – Project Manager March 2013 – August 2013
PMO Consultant for Georgia Tech Research Institute’s (GTRI) Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS). Coached systems engineers on managing their budgets ($20,000,000+). Built electronic warfare apps used in U.S. Air Force F-16 and C-130 aircraft. Tools Used: Deltek Costpoint, Oracle Primavera P6.
- Flocking Behavior (internal) – Developer December 2010 – December 2012
Architected and developed mechanical trading systems. Coded in EasyLanguage. Successfully traded stock index, gold and silver futures contracts with systems developed.
- Global Crypto – Vice-President of Sales November 2009 – December 2010
Sold BunkerMail, a SaaS application for HIPAA & PCI compliant encrypted email, messaging and file transfer. An angel investor & venture capital funded Georgia Tech Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) startup.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Scrum Alliance, Certified Scrum Master (CSM) cert. # 000431941, June 2015
Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional (PMP) cert. #1394186, March 2011
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia. Master of Science, (MS) Quantitative and Computational Finance. 50% of coursework completed: 2012 – 2013.
University of California, Davis Master of Business Administration (MBA) June 1994
Global Management Semester at Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Princeton University Princeton, New Jersey Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Major in Latin American History. South American Urban Semester Bogotá, Colombia. Letterman on University Sailing and Crew Teams.